- Burns Supper
Congratulations to all those who took part in the recent Burns Supper. It was a fantastic evening with great entertainment.
- Positive Destinations
One of the key statistics for any school is the number of pupils leaving school going into a Positive Destination (Higher Education, Further Education, Employment etc).
We are delighted to share that, after follow-up, 95% of those leaving Dalziel have gone on to a positive destination. This is testament to the good work being done across the school and with partner agencies to give our young people the best opportunities and guidance.
- Health Fayre
Plans are underway for our annual Health Fayre. This year’s theme is the Commonwealth Games and pupils and staff will be encouraged to participate in numerous activities and sample healthy snacks at ‘The Commonhealth Fayre 2014’. A number of lunchtime events for staff and pupils have also been arranged throughout the week, including the Staff v Pupils Rowing Challenge. The Health Fayre takes place in the Assembly Hall from Monday 3 March to Friday 7 March.
- S2 Subject Choices
All S2 pupils are currently involved in the Personalisation and Choice process for choosing their S3 subjects. So far, this has been discussed with them at Assemblies and the following gives an indication of other aspects to this, along with key dates:
- Week Beginning 17 February - Process discussed in Health and Well-Being classes
- Tuesday 18 February - S2 Reports, Personalisation and Choice Booklets and Parents’ Evening information issued to pupils at Assembly
- Wednesday 19 February - S2 Careers Fayre in School for pupils and information session for parents after school
- Tuesday 25 February - S2 Parents’ Evening and Personalisation and Choice presentation to parents
- Tuesday 4 March - S2 Personalisation and Choice forms to be returned to the School Office
Throughout this process, pupils are encouraged to speak to subject teachers regarding further information on specific subjects.
All S4 and S5 pupils who intend to return to school in August 2014 will be issued with a Personalisation and Choice Booklet this month at Assembly. Pupils can speak to their Pupil Support Tutor or Miss Lennon for further advice and information.
Option forms should be returned to the School Office by FRIDAY 14 MARCH 2014.
Unfortunately, North Lanarkshire are not running Easter School this year.
Work is underway to upgrade the facilities at Dalziel Park. The old synthetic pitches will be replaced with two new 3G pitches suitable for rugby or football. The new pitches will also be longer and wider than the current pitches.
This will provide our pupils and the wider community with outstanding sports facilities.
We appreciate the funding support from North Lanarkshire Council, Sport Scotland the Football Partnership.
- Monday 10 February - Holiday
- Tuesday 11 February - Holiday
- Wednesday 12 February - In-Service Day
- Tuesday 18 February - S2 Reports Issued
- Tuesday 25 February - S2 Parents’ Evening