May I take this opportunity to wish a happy festive season to you and your family.
A warm welcome to Pamela Dodd, who now takes up a permanent post as Teacher of English and Drama.
We welcome back both Sylvia Dickson and Louise Kerr in Business Education.
We are also appreciative that we now have Mr D Reilly covering in Chemistry for K Toner who is on maternity leave.
- 'The Galleon'
For many years a painting called 'The Galleon’ by E A Taylor has been displayed in our school. It has recently been restored to perfect condition and will be displayed again from January 2013.
- Christmas Dances
Our Christmas dances take place on the following evenings:-.
- S1 - Tuesday 11 December - 7.00pm-10.00pm
- S2 - Wednesday 12 December - 7.00pm-10.15pm
- S3 - Thursday 13 December - 7.00pm-10.30pm
- S4 - Tuesday 18 December - 7.00pm-10.45pm
- S5/6 - Wednesday 19 December 6.00pm-11.00pm
All pupils have been reminded of the dress code eg no jeans, no trainers
- Customer Service Excellence Award
The school was recently visited by inspectors for the Customer Service Excellence Award. We believe the inspection went well and we await the outcome.
The refurbishment of the toilets is now complete. A large number of rooms have been re-carpeted and Business Room 1 has been re-designed.
- Tracking and Monitoring
All S4/S5/S6 pupils are currently taking part in our new Tracking and Monitoring system, aimed at supporting them in raising their attainment.
This involves pupils engaging in discussions with each of their class teachers, jointly setting targets and discussing how to go about achieving these.
- Celebrating Success
Congratulations go to Jack McComish (S6), who competed in the Annual British Disability Swimming Championships in Sheffield last month. Over the three days of the event Jack met Britain’s top paralympic swimmers such as James Clegg and Ellie Simmonds. Even more impressively, however, Jack managed to win a remarkable total of 9 gold medals!
Congratulations also go to:-
- Stuart Buchanan
- Rhiannon Caldwell
- Anthony Flynn
- Holly McKenna
- Kirsten Ross
- James Swinburne
who were each awarded a Convener's Award for achieving eight '1's at Standard Grade in last session's SQA examination and
- Dominika Kupcova
who was awarded a Convener's Award for achieving five 'A's at Higher Level in last session's SQA examinations.
Well done to all the pupils involved in raising funds during our activities for Children in Need. The total raised was over £1500.
Our pupils also recently raised £600 by taking part in the Fun Run for St Andrew’s Hospice
- Friday 14 December - UCAS deadline
- Thursday 20 December - Christmas Service in St Mary's Church
- Friday 21 December - School Closes 2.30pm
- Monday 7 January - School re-opens
- Monday 21 January - Burns Supper
- Tuesday 22 January - Mock Interviews
- Wednesday 23 January - Mock Interviews
- Thursday 24 January - Mock Interviews
- Monday 28 January - S5/6 Prelims Begin
- Tuesday 29 January - S2 Parents' Evening
- Wednesday 30 January - S3 Reports Issued