- School Show
This year, audiences were entertained and enthralled by successful performances of our School Show, “We Will Rock You”. The show involved pupils from S2-S4 and was performed over four nights. Well done to all involved on stage and behind the scenes - we are exceptionally proud of you.
Many thanks, once again, to our sponsors of this year’s Show – you really are our champions!
- The Motherwell Dog Walker
- Motherwell Mobility Centre
- Procast Building Contractors Ltd
- Remembrance Service
Our annual Remembrance Service will be held in the school on Sunday 10 November at 1.30 pm in the Assembly Hall.
- Extra Curricular Activities
There are a great variety of extra-curricular activities available for all pupils in the school. These can be found on the school website.
- Science Labs Refurbishment
Work is due to start on the refurbishment of our Science Labs. We will do everything we can to minimise disruption to classes while this is being done. The new labs will provide much better facilities for our pupils.
- New Tracking Reports
Our first S1 and S2 Tracking Reports went home on 21 and 22 October. This session, primary and secondary schools across NLC are using a new system to report on pupil progress. S3 Tracking Reports will be issued on 30 October.
- Inter-House Public Speaking Competition
The School’s Annual Inter-House Public Speaking Competition will take place in the Assembly Hall on Wednesday 6 November at 7.00 pm. Family and friends are warmly invited to come along and support the pupils taking part in this very popular school event.
- Parents' Association Fund-Raising
The Parents’ Association raised an amazing £880 over the four nights’ performances of the School Show. They would like to thank everyone for their generous support, as this is the most money ever raised at this event.
- School App
A reminder that parents/carers can access the School App by following these instructions:-
- Go to App Store
- Type in ‘School App for Parents’
- Type in ‘Dalziel High School’
- Dates For Your Diary
- Tuesday 29 October - S4 Parents’ Evening
- Wednesday 30 October - S3 Tracking Report 1 issued
- Saturday 2 November - Parents' Association/Rotary Christmas Market 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
- Wednesday 6 November - Public Speaking Competition 7.00 pm
- Sunday 10 November - Remembrance Service 1.30 pm
- Thursday 14 November - S5/6 Parents’ Evening
- Monday 18 November - Inset Day 3
- Tuesday 19 November - Inset Day 4
- Monday 25 November - S4 Prelims begin
- Tuesday 26 November - S1 Pantomime