- Christmas Dances
Our Christmas dances take place on the following evenings:-
- S1 Tuesday 11 December - 7.00 pm - 10.00 pm Ticket Price - £6.00
- S2 Wednesday 12 December - 7.00 pm - 10.15 pm Ticket Price - £6.00
- S3 Thursday 13 December - 7.00 pm - 10.30 pm Ticket Price - £6.00
- S4 Monday 17 December - 7.00 pm - 10.45 pm Ticket Price - £6.00
- S5/6 Tuesday 18 December - 6.00 pm - 10.45 pm Ticket Price - £10.00
All pupils have been reminded of the dress code eg no jeans, no trainers.
- Customer Service Excellence Award
The school will be visited by an inspector for the Customer Service Excellence Award on Thursday 6 December. The full report will be published on the School Website as soon as it is released. We hope to maintain the already high standard of award set last year.
- Tracking and Monitoring
As you know, last year, we changed our Monitoring and Tracking procedures and all year groups now receive between 3 and 4 reports per year.
This is aimed at improving communication between school and home in order to continue to raise attainment.
Pupils in S4-S6 will engage in discussion with each of their class teachers, jointly set targets and discuss how to go about achieving these targets.
S4 Tracking Reports will be issued to parents on 24 January. This will include the current working grade based on Prelim results and class work and the target grades pupils should aim for. There will also be comments from each class teacher and Pupil Support tutors.
- S4 Careers Event
Following the success of last year’s S4 Careers Convention, we are currently planning a similar event in December. Part of the convention involves representatives from a variety of professions and industries holding short workshops for groups of pupils, where they give some insight into their job and answer any questions the pupils may have. We also plan to hold a similar event for S2 in February. We had a good representation from a variety of occupations last year and would be delighted to add to this. If you would be interested in leading a workshop for S2 to tell pupils about your career (what it involves, qualifications and/or training required) please contact Mrs Louise Kerr at the school on 01698 274900.
- PTA Christmas Raffle
A reminder that raffle tickets should be returned by Wednesday 12 December as the draw will take place on Friday 14 December.
- School Uniform
We are always happy to receive donations of blazers, ties etc that are no longer needed. Any items of uniform no longer needed can be handed in to the School Office.
- Christmas Service
The Christmas Service will take place on Thursday 20 December at 11.00 am in St Mary’s Church. This service is always a joyful, well-attended occasion.
- Christmas Jumper Day
As you may be aware, Friday 14 December is National Christmas Jumper Day. At the request of the Pupil Council, we will permit pupils to wear Christmas Jumpers on this day, along with their school uniforms. We would like to stress that this is not compulsory, but a pupil’s own choice. We will also have a collection bucket in the Social Area at morning break to support a charity chosen by the pupils, however, once again, this is not compulsory, but a donation.
- Celebrating Success
Dalziel has been awarded a Gold Centre of Innovation due to the hard work and dedication that the school has demonstrated in promoting the TeenTech Awards and STEM to the wider community and within the school.
- Dates For Your Diary
- Friday 7 December - S4 Prelims end
- Tuesday 11 December - S1 Christmas Dance
- Wednesday 12 December - S2 Christmas Dance
- Thursday 13 December - S3 Christmas Dance
- Friday 14 December - Christmas Jumper Day
- Monday 17 December - S4 Christmas Dance
- Monday 17 December - S1 Tracking Report 2 Issued
- Tuesday 18 December - S5/6 Christmas Dance
- Thursday 20 December - Christmas Service - 11.00 am
- Friday 21 December - School closes - 2.30 pm
- Monday 7 January 2019 - School re-opens
- Monday 7 January 2019 - S5/6 Prelims begin
- Thursday 17 January 2019 - S1 Parents’ Evening
- Friday 18 January 2019 - S5/6 Prelims end
- Thursday 24 January 2019 - S4 Tracking Report 3 Issued
- Monday 28 January 2019 - Burns Supper