- Winter Weather
In the event of bad weather we will always try to update our school website: www.dalzielhigh.org.uk with the latest news to tell parents when the school is closed.
Attendance at school by children and young people is essential in order that they receive the education to which they are entitled. Absence from school, whatever the cause, disrupts learning and will impact negatively on the life chances of our children and young people and therefore our community.
The school operates period by period registration using SEEMIS which is our education management software system. In supporting our endeavours we ask that if you know your child is going to be absent from school you make contact with the office before the start of the school day, explaining the reason for the absence. If you know roughly how long your child is going to be absent, please let us know this.
- Remembrance Service
The annual Remembrance Service took place on Sunday 11 November. The event was well attended by staff, pupils, parents and former Dalzielians.
The Reverend Bryce Calder officiated at the service during which the school choir sang a beautiful rendition of “In Flanders Field”. S4 pupil, Felicite Luvunzu, played the “Last Post” and “Reveille”. Her playing was excellent and sincere thanks to everyone who attended.
- S4 Prelim Exams
S4 pupils have received their Prelim examination timetable and a letter outlining study leave arrangements. The exams take place between Monday 26 November and Friday 7 December.
- Inter-house Public Speaking Competition Results
The school’s annual Public Speaking Competition took place on Tuesday 6 November with top place going to Greig House and Adam Wilson, S5, judged the best individual performer.
- Inter-house Senior Quiz
The Inter-house Senior Quiz took place on Friday 26 October. Greig House took first place with Barclay second and Colville third.
- Christmas Dances
Tickets for the Dalziel Christmas Dances will be on sale soon, costing £6.00 for S1-S4 pupils and £10 for the S5/6 Dance, which includes a buffet.
Formal dress is required for the Christmas Dances - ie no jeans, trainers, Converse shoes or casual clothes.
- Christmas Service
The Christmas Service this year will take place on Thursday 20 December. This is always an enjoyable and well attended event. The service will start at 11.00 am and finish at approximately 12 noon. Pupils will have an extended lunch on that day and will be dismissed for lunch from the Church.
- Children in Need
In order to support Children In Need as a school, we plan to raise funds through a dress down day on Friday 16 November. Each pupil/member of staff will be asked to make a donation of £1 or an amount of their choice as they enter the school. Many thanks for your support with this.
- Dates For Your Diary
- Thursday 15 November - S4 Parents’ Evening
- Monday 19 November - Inset Day 3
- Friday 23 November - S5/6 Tracking Report 2 Issued
- Moonday 26 November - S4 Prelims begin
- Tuesday 27 November - S1 Christmas Panto - pm
- Tuesday 4 December - S3 Parents’ Evening
- Friday 7 December - S4 Prelims end
- Tuesday 11 December - S1 Christmas Dance
- Wednesday 12 December - S2 Christmas Dance
- Thursday 13 December - S3 Christmas Dance
- Monday 17 December - S4 Christmas Dance
- Monday 17 December - S1 Tracking Report 2 Issued
- Tuesday 18 December - S5/6 Christmas Dance
- Thursday 20 December - Christmas Service - 11.00 am
- Friday 21 December - School closes - 2.30 pm
- Monday 7 January 2019 - School re-opens
- Monday 7 January 2019 - S5/6 Prelims begin
- Thursday 17 January 2019 - S1 Parents’ Evening
- Friday 18 January 2019 - S5/6 Prelims end