Can I thank all parents/carers for your continued support with our dress code. Our pupils are coming to school properly dressed and looking very smart. If anyone has old blazers that are no longer needed we would be happy to put them to good use and they can be handed in to the School Office.
- S1 Pupils
I am delighted with how well our new S1 pupils have settled into life at Dalziel. Their enthusiasm remains high and we continue to encourage them to join at least one, though preferably more, of the many clubs on offer at lunchtimes and after school. Should you have any concerns you wish to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s Pupil Support Tutor or Mr McCallum, the S1 Depute Head.
- School Show
Our School Show, “Legally Blonde” will be performed in the school from Monday 8 October to Thursday 11 October.
Tickets are on sale now priced at £10 for an adult and £6 for a child. An order form has been attached to the bottom of this newsletter and we ask that these are returned to the school office as soon as possible.
- School Show Sponsorship
Our annual School Show is always of a very high standard, but in order to meet this standard we require support from the local community. We are therefore looking for sponsorship towards the production of this Show. We welcome any financial donation and in return we will publicise your company’s name on the Show programme, the school website and in the local press.
I ask that if you are able to help with sponsorship in any way that you contact Mrs J Di Mambro at the school.
- SQA Examination Results
The results from the SQA examinations are excellent. A full breakdown of the results is now on our website www.dalzielhigh.org.uk.
- Parent Council
Letters will be issued to parents/guardians next week regarding the Dalziel High School Parent Council. There are presently two vacancies and I would advise you that, as a member of the school’s Parent Forum, you are entitled to put yourself forward for membership of the Parent Council.
- Developing the Young Workforce
A newsletter for Developing the Young Workforce has been produced and issued to all students. This can also be accessed through the school website and the school App.
- CV Workshops
Our thanks go to our business partners, Morgan Stanley, who organised and delivered CV workshops to all of our S4 pupils. This was then supported by practical CV writing sessions and an introduction to My World of Work by Skills Development Scotland. This programme of work is delivered to help pupils prepare for their Mock Interviews, which take place in January.
- Pupil Absence/Appointments
If your child is going to be absent from school, we would ask that parents/guardians please let us know as far in advance as possible. On return, pupils must hand in a note to the School Office for their Pupil Support Tutor.
Any pupil with a dental or medical appointment must hand in a card or letter prior to attending these appointments.
- Senior Officials
Pupils and staff of the school have been voting for the House officials who will serve alongside School and Vice Captains, Olivia McPherson and Callum Warnock. We are delighted to introduce as Barclay House Captain, Amy Gemmell, Colville House Captain, Connie MacClare and Greig House Captain, Laura Mooney and we are confident they will do an amazing job.
The full list of officials:
- Barclay Captain - Amy Gemmell.
- Vice Captains - Greg Findlay and Max Baird. Prefects - Ryan Anderson, Greg Clapperton, Fraser Dickson, Anna Dougan, Molly Forsyth, Rosa Fricker.
- Colville Captain - Connie MacClare
- Vice Captains - Miriam Mathie and Abby McLaughlan. Prefects - Niamh Kinnear, Max Logan, Scott Love, Niamh Jordan, Morgan Lindsay, Rebecca Hartlebury.
- Greig Captain - Laura Mooney.
- Vice Captains - Georgia Vaughan and Hannah Muldoon. Prefects - Gabrielle Rennie, Molly Shearer, Sophie Steeds, Rachel O’Rourke, Iona Thomson, Luke Speirs.
- Extra-Curricular Clubs
We have a large number of extra-curricular clubs in the school, including a Homework Club for S1-S3 pupils, which runs every lunchtime and is supervised by two members of staff, and we would encourage all pupils to get involved. Details can be found on our school website.
- Pupil Safety
Can I please remind all parents to take extra care while driving and parking near the school. With the large number of cars around the school each day we are concerned for the safety of our pupils. Please take extra care.
- 6K Road Race
St Andrew’s Hospice Lanarkshire Schools 6K Challenge Road Race and Fun Run takes place on Sunday 16 September. A group of S4-S6 pupils will take part along with some brave staff. A massive ‘thank you’ to everyone who is supporting the event.
- Parents' Association/Rotary Autumn Fayre
An Autumn Fayre, organised by the Parents’ Association and Motherwell and Wishaw Rotary Club, will take place in the school on Saturday 3 November from 10.00 am - 2.00 pm with over thirty stalls selling a variety of goods.
An ideal opportunity to purchase some early Christmas gifts and decorations.
- School Photographs - Last Day for Payment - Thursday 20 September
If you wish your child to buy their School Photographs, the last day for payment is Thursday 20 September. After this date it will NOT be possible to buy them. The cost is £8 for three 7" x 5" Photographs.
- Celebrating Success
Congratulations go to Mia Evans and Caris Smith, S1 pupils, who have been selected to represent Scotland at the International ACRO Gymnastics Cup in Budapest. We wish both girls the best of luck and we hope they enjoy the experience.
- Dates For Your Diary
- Friday 21 September - Holiday
- Monday 24 September - Holiday
- Tuesday 25 September - S2 Tracking Report 1 Issued
- Wednesday 26 September - S5/6 Positive Destinations Evening
- Thursday 27 September - S4 Tracking Report 1 Issued
- Friday 5 October - S5/6 Tracking Report 1 Issued
- Monday 8 October - Thursday 11 October - School Show
- Monday 15 October - Friday 19 October - Holiday Week
- Monday 22 October - S1 Tracking Report 1 Issued
- Wednesday 24 October - S3 Tracking Report 1 Issued
- Monday 29 October - S5/6 Hallowe’en Party
- Tuesday 30 October - S5/6 Parents’ Evening