The SQA examinations are now well underway. Once again, can I wish every success to all our pupils who are sitting exams.
- The Dalzielian
Our yearbook, ‘The Dalzielian’, will be on sale as usual in early June. Priced at £12, this is subsidised to keep the costs down. ‘The Dalzielian’ is a great memento, documenting the last twelve months in the school, so make sure you get your copy in June.
- Choral Shield
Once again, The Choral Shield takes place in the Civic Concert Hall in Motherwell and tickets will be on sale in June priced as follows:-
- Monday 25 June - £8.00
- Tuesday 26 June - £10.00
Order forms will be handed out to pupils after the SQA examinations.
- Primary Transition Programme
As always, this year, we have an extensive transition programme in place for Primary 7 pupils. This began with the Games/Activity Evening in the school on Monday 21 May. An Information Evening will take place on Tuesday 29 May at 4.30 pm, when pupils and parents can speak to staff from many departments and this will be followed by our two Intake Days on Tuesday 5 June and Wednesday 6 June.
- S2/3 Barcelona & S2/3 Berlin Trips
This year, a trip has been offered to S2/3 pupils, who will be visiting Barcelona from 30 May - 5 June. A second trip has been offered to S2/3 pupils to Berlin from 12 June - 15 June. Both trips will include educational visits as well as sight-seeing experiences.
- S4 Liverpool/Paris Trip
A European Business Trip has been offered this year to S4 pupils who will visit Liverpool and Paris from 6 June - 11 June.
- Deaf Fotball Tournament
The annual Deaf Football Tournament takes place on Friday 15 June at Rouken Glen Park. We wish all our pupils involved the best of luck and hope they will return with a trophy!
- Sponsored Walk
Our annual Sponsored Walk will take place on Thursday 24 May. All the money raised will be donated to charity and this year we will donate the money to the Lanarkshire Association for Mental Health.
- Free School Meals and Clothing Grant
Any parents/guardians wishing to apply for free school meals or clothing grants can download an application form via www.northlanarkshire.go.uk/freeschoolmeals or collect a form from the School Office.
Any parents/guardians who applied last year should have either been sent a letter advising them of their entitlement and automatic award or an application form for completion.
Applications relating to the new term will be accepted by First Stop Shops from the first week in May. Early submissions are encouraged to ensure clothing grants are made and free school meals are registered for the start of the new session.
- Ben Nevis Challenge Senior pupils will be taking part in the St Andrew’s Hospice Ben Nevis Challenge on Saturday 2 June. The annual event will see pupils set off at 5.30 am to make the trip to Fort William before beginning their accent to the summit. Pupils are looking for sponsorship in order to raise as much money as possible for the Hospice.
If you have a child taking part in the event please help them to raise some money for a great cause. If not, and you still want to support the staff and pupils on this huge challenge, you can donate on the school’s JustGiving page. Please go to www.justgiving.com/DalzielHighBenNevis.
- Dates For Your Diary
- Week beginning Monday 21 May - S1 Reports Issued
- Thursday 24 May - Sponsored Walk
- Friday 25 May - Monday 28 May - Holiday
- Tuesday 29 May - S1 Intake Evening - 4.30 pm - 6.00 pm
- Wednesday 30 May - S3 Reports Issued
- Tuesday 5 and Wednesday 6 June - S1 Intake Days
- Friday 8 June - Science Fayre
- Monday 11 June - School Sports
- Thursday 14 June - S3 Careers Event
- Friday 15 June - Dalziel Day Out
- Thursday 21 June - Prizegiving St Mary's Church
- Monday 25 June - Awards Ceremony - Assembly Hall
- Monday 25 June - Choral Shield
- Tuesday 26 June - Choral Shield
- Thursday 28 June - School closes for summer break