Welcome to the Faculty of Science. Science is a subject at the cutting edge of scientific research and development and covers a range of topics from the human genome to the expanding universe.
The Faculty Staff are:-
- Mr M. Anderson (Principal Teacher)
- Mr A. Moir
- Mrs N. Martin
- Mrs K. Heenan
- Miss C. Winchester
- Mrs G. Kelly
- Mr J. Buchan
- Mrs K. Toner
- Mrs G. Abercrombie
- Mr R. Carrol
- Miss A.M. Smillie
- Mr R. McLean
Aims of the Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science aims to:
- encourage pupils to think critically
- enhance pupils problem solving ability
- help pupils gain an appreciation of the scientific method
- encourage citizenship
- contribute to the general, formal, education of its pupils, through their involvement with the processes of scientific investigation.
- contribute to the personal and social development of its pupils, through the development of relationships between staff and pupils, encouragement of positive social attitudes, and respect for pupils as individuals.
- increase the awareness of pupils of their own bodies, and to enable them to make informed choices in regard to health.
- stimulate interest in and respect for the environment.
- develop the pupils' understanding of the implications of human activity for the environment.
- improve pupils' ability to make value judgements of human activities.
- develop an understanding of the role that the laws of nature make on their daily lives.
- increase awareness of the role that materials make to the world around them
- prepare candidates as fully as possible for examinations administered by external agencies.
- Next >>