These objectives relate directly to the aims of Dalziel High School, of the Physical Education Department in particular and are included to contribute towards the positive ethos which exists in Dalziel High School.
- Staff should, wherever possible, provide a wide variety of experiences and activities during P.E lessons and during a block of activity. Pupils should be encouraged to improve their practical ability in a range of activities.
- games, gymnastics, athletics and social dance
- indoor and outdoor activities
- individual, group and team activities
- health-related exercise and fitness.
- the need to bring and wear appropriate clothing and equipment.
- the potential dangers associated through participating when wearing jewellery.
- how to lift, move, carry and place heavy objects and/or equipment (when appropriate).
Health and Well-being is an increasingly important aspect of life. The need for a positive attitude and the development of a disciplined approach to health and well-being is to be encouraged in P.E.
This will include aspects such as:
- the importance of preparing properly before exercise and of a recovery period following exercise
- understanding the term fitness and the practical implications of fitness training
- the need to have a balanced diet
- the need to have adequate rest/sleep