Page 1 of 7
Physical Education Staff Members
- Mr D. Master (Acting Principal Teacher)
- Miss R. Campbell (Acting Principal Teacher)
- Mr G. McCallum (DHT)
- Mrs J. Chalmers (DHT)
- Miss M Clyde (Principal Teacher Pupil Support)
- To stimulate and encourage enthusiastic participation in physical activities, to develop a positive attitude towards P.E. as part of the school curriculum and to promote health and fitness for current and future lifestyle.
- To help pupils to see Physical Education as,
- a major feature in their lives related to leisure, employment and culture,
- part of a wider body of knowledge and skills e.g interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- To help pupils to understand,
- the importance of safe practice within Physical Education.
- the short and long term effects of exercise on the body.
- the importance of exercise towards a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- To help pupils develop a range of personal qualities such as politeness, tolerance, perseverance, initiative, co-operation, self discipline and independance.
- To help pupils establish and develop self-esteem and confidence through physical activity.
- To help pupils work independently and as part of a team in a variety of activities, in so much as Physical Education has a contribution to make in the development of core skills such as working with others, communication and problem-solving.
- To help pupils develop informed opinions and to be able to support them with reasoned argument.