Page 1 of 7
Welcome to the Design Food and Textile Technology Department
- Catherine Muir (PT)
- Sharon McCully (PT) (Pupil Support Tutor - Greig)
- Pauline Goodfellow (Pupil Support Tutor - Barclay)
- Mary McCrae
Aims of the Department
- To structure lessons that encourage and stimulate the development of individual ideas, and to further develop students' knowledge, understanding and communication skills.
- To allow all students the opportunity to develop a wide range of necessary and useful skills, that will enable them to design and make high quality products, and more importantly to prepare them for life out of school.
- To fully encourage the students to gain more confidence in their own abilities whilst also experiencing a range of interesting and creative activities.
- To promote a very positive image of the subject in order to develop a professional regard for Design, Food Technology and Textile Technology as part of the general school curriculum, and not regard them merely as leisure or hobby pursuits.