Welcome to the Faculty of Humanities
History, Geography, RMPS and Modern Studies play a vital role in today’s society and the department aims to ensure each child has a positive learning experience to enhance their understanding of the world, both past and present.
MEMBERS OF STAFF
- Ms K Esdaile (History) - Faculty Head/Acting DHT 0.2
- Mrs L Carrick (History / Modern Studies) - PT 0.2
- Mr D Gallacher (Geography / Travel & Tourism)
- Mrs J Higgins (Geography)
- Mrs L Rodgers (RMPS / Modern Studies)
- Ms McGeough (Modern Studies, Politics)
- Ms N Kerr (Modern Studies, Politics)
- Mr C Harris (Modern Studies, History)
- Geography: Our Planet, Tourism in Scotland
- History: Understanding Time, Medieval Scotland
- Modern Studies: Democracy, Children in Need
- RMPS: World Religions, Multi-Cultural Scotland
- Geography: Climate Change, Dealing with Disaster
- History: Russian Revolution, Wild West
- Modern Studies: Conflict, China
- RMPS: Life After Death, The Only Way is Ethics
- Geography: Physical Environments, Global Issues
- History: Scotland in the Era of WWI, The Atlantic Slave Trade
- Modern Studies: Crime and the Law, World Power: USA
- RMPS: World Religion: Hinduism, Morality and Relationships: Gender Equality and Exploitation
- Geography: Human Environments, Mapping, Assignment
- History: Germany 1919-39, Assignment
- Modern Studies: Democracy in the UK, Assignment
- RMPS: Religious and Philosophical Questions, Assignment
- Geography: Human Environments, Physical Environments, Global Issues, Geographical Skills.
- History: Britain and Ireland 1900-1925, USA 1920-1968, Scottish Wars of Independence 1286-1328
- Modern Studies: Democracy in the UK, Social Issues: Inequality, International Issues: Development in Africa.
- RMPS: Morality and Medicine, Religious and Philosophical Questions, World Religion: Christianity.
- Politics: Political Theory, Political Systems and Political Parties and Elections.
- Travel and Tourism: UK and World, Customer Service, Scotland, and Employability.