The SQA examinations are now well underway. Once again, can I wish every success to all our pupils who are sitting exams.
- The Dalzielian
Our yearbook, ‘The Dalzielian’, will be on sale as usual in early June. Priced at £12, this is subsidised to keep the costs down. ‘The Dalzielian’ is a great memento, documenting the last twelve months in the school, so make sure you get your copy in June.
- Parents' Association Quiz Night
- Choral Shield
Once again, The Choral Shield takes place in the Civic Concert Hall in Motherwell and tickets will be on sale in June priced as follows:
Wednesday 22 June - £8.00
Thursday 23 June - £10.00
Order forms will be handed out to pupils after the SQA examinations.
- Primary Transition Program
As always, this year, we have an extensive transition programme in place for Primary 7 pupils. This begins with the Games/Activity Evening on Monday 23 May at 6.30 pm. An Information Evening will take place on Tuesday 31 May at 4.30 pm, when pupils and parents can speak to staff from many departments and this will be followed by our two Intake Days on Tuesday 7 June and Wednesday 8 June.
- S2/3 Barcelona Trip
This year, a group of 45 S2/3 pupils will be visiting Barcelona from 2-8 June. The trip combines a number of educational visits with sight-seeing tours. Both pupils and staff are looking forward to the trip.
- S1 London Trip
This year, a group of 45 S1 pupils will be visiting London from 31 May - 3 June. They are all very much looking forward to the trip which will include seeing the musical “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”, visiting the Imperial War Museum and the Harry Potter set.
- Deaf Football Tournament
The annual Deaf Football tournament takes place on Friday 10 June at Rouken Glen Park. Our hearing impaired pupils have been training hard all year and we wish them luck and hope they return to school with the winner’s trophy this year.
- Sponsored Walk
Our annual Sponsored Walk will take place on Friday 20 May. All the money raised will be donated to charity.
- Free School Meals & Clothing Grant
Any parents/guardians wishing to apply for free school meals or clothing grants can download an application form via www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals or collect a form from the School Office.
Any parents/guardians who applied last year should have either been sent a letter advising them of their entitlement and automatic award or an application form for completion.
Applications relating to the new term will be accepted by First Stop Shops from the first week in May. Early submissions are encouraged to ensure clothing grants are made and free school meals are registered for the start of the new session.
- EU Referendum
The school is to be used as a polling station for the EU Referendum on Thursday 23 June and will therefore be closed to pupils.
- Dates for your Diary:
- Monday 16 May - S1 Reports issued
- Friday 20 May - Parents’ Association Quiz Night - 7.30 pm
- Friday 20 May - Sponsored Walk
- Monday 23 May - P7 Games Night - 6.30 pm - 8.45 pm
- Friday 27 May to Monday 30 May - Holiday
- Tuesday 31 May - S1 Intake Evening - 4.30 pm
- Tuesday 31 May - Summer Fayre 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm
- Tuesday 7 and Wednesday 8 June - S1 Intake Days
- Wednesday 8 June - S3 Reports issued
- Friday 10 June - Science Fayre
- Friday 17 June - Dalziel Day Out
- Wednesday 22 June - Choral Shield
- Thursday 23 June - Choral Shield
- Thursday 23 June - EU Referendum - school closed to pupils
- Monday 27 June - Awards Ceremony - Assembly Hall
- Tuesday 28 June - Prizegiving - St Mary’s Church