The SQA examinations are now well underway. Once again, can I wish every success to all our pupils who are sitting exams.
- The Dalzielian
Our yearbook, ‘The Dalzielian’, will be on sale as usual in early June. Priced at £12, this is subsidised to keep the costs down. ‘The Dalzielian’ is a great memento, documenting the last twelve months in the school, so make sure you get your copy in June.
- Parents’ Association Quiz Night
The Parents’ Association would like to invite you to their Quiz Night on Friday 6 June, which is being held in the Davie Cooper Suite, starting at 7.30 pm. The Quiz Night is a great, fun evening open to all adults (you don’t need to be a member of the Parents’ Association), so come along and bring your friends. Tickets are £7.50 each, which includes supper, and are available from the School Office or a member of the Parents’ Association Committee.
- Choral Shield
Once again, The Choral Shield takes place in the Civic Concert Hall in Motherwell and tickets will be on sale in June priced as follows:
- Monday 23 June - £7.00
- Tuesday 24 June - £10.00
- Primary Transition Programme
As always, this year, we have an extensive transition programme in place for Primary 7 pupils. This begins with the Games/Activity Evening on Monday 19 May at 6.30 pm. An Information Evening will take place on Wednesday 4 June at 4.30 pm, when pupils and parents can speak to staff from many departments and this will be followed by our two Intake Days on Tuesday 10 June and Wednesday 11 June.
- Barcelona Trip
From 4-10 June inclusive, 64 pupils from the Modern Languages and Music Departments will embark on a cultural excursion to Barcelona. This is the third year the trip has taken place, giving the pupils the chance to develop their skills in various locations around the busy Spanish city.
- York Trip
Once again, 45 S1 pupils will visit York as part of the S1 Social Subjects course. This will take place from Tuesday 27 May to Friday 30 May.
- Deaf Football Tournament
The annual Deaf Football tournament takes place on Friday 6 June at Rouken Glen Park. Our hearing impaired pupils have been training hard all year and we wish them luck and hope they return to school with the winners’ trophy for another year.
- Sponsored Walk
Our annual Sponsored Walk will take place on Friday 30 May. All the money raised will be used to buy equipment to help maintain the new 3G pitches at Dalziel Park.
- Free School Meals and Clothing Grants
Any parents/guardians wishing to apply for free school meals or clothing grants can download an application form via www.northlanarkshire.go.uk/freeschoolmeals or collect a form from the School Office.
Any parents/guardians who applied last year should have either been sent a letter advising them of their entitlement and automatic award or an application form for completion.
Applications relating to the new term will be accepted by First Stop Shops from the first week in May. Early submissions are encouraged to ensure clothing grants are made and free school meals are registered for the start of the new session.
- Dates for your Diary:
- Monday 19 May - P7 Games Night - 6.30 pm - 8.45 pm
- Thursday 22 May - European Elections (school closed to all pupils except those sitting SQA examinations)
- Friday 23 May to Monday 26 May - Holiday
- Friday 30 May - S1 Reports issued
- Friday 30 May - Sponsored Walk
- Wednesday 4 June - S1 Intake Evening - 4.30pm
- Friday 6 June - Science Fayre
- Friday 6 June - Parents’ Association Quiz Night - 7.30pm
- Tuesday 10 & Wednesday 11 June - S1 Intake Days
- Wednesday 18 June - S3 Reports issued
- Friday 20 June - Dalziel Day Out
- Monday 23 June - Choral Shield
- Tuesday 24 June - Choral Shield
- Tuesday 24 June - Awards Ceremony (am)
- Wednesday 25 June - Prizegiving