Good luck to all pupils preparing for SQA examinations. All candidates should be aware of their own examination timetable, please contact Mr Farr, DHT, if any clarification is needed.
- Spring Concert
Congratulations to everyone who took part in the Spring Concert which was superb.
- Easter Egg
A group of S1 pupils recently attended this year’s Easter Egg performance. A great evening was had by all, with much ‘singing along’ taking place!.
- Dalziel Day Out
A reminder that all trips for the Dalziel Day Out should be paid in full by Friday 2 May to the relevant member of staff.
- S3 Exams
The S3 Exams will take place in class time between Tuesday 22 April and Friday 9 May, although some exams may be outwith this time frame. Class teachers will inform pupils of which exams they are to sit and when these exams will take place. The results of these examinations will be used along with classroom assessment as evidence for National Qualification levels in S4. Parents will be notified of levels in the S3 Reports in June.
- Exam Leave Dates
Exam leave for S5/6 pupils commences on Monday 28 April. Pupils will return to normal timetable on Thursday 5 June.
Pupils in S4 are expected to be in school as normal throughout May and June. Where S4 pupils are sitting examinations they will be allowed one day of study only before each examination.
- Choral Shield
All cast members involved in the Choral Shield must pay their £5.00 fee to their respective House Captains. It is important that ALL cast members are available throughout the month of June to take part in ALL rehearsals. Any enquiries regarding the Choral Shield should be directed to Miss Lennon.
Information about ticket sales for the performances on Monday 23 June and Tuesday 24 June at the Civic Centre Concert Hall (Motherwell) will follow in the next Newsletter.
- European Elections - Thursday 22 May
The school will be closed to pupils, except for those sitting SQA exams, on Thursday 22 May due to the European Elections.
- Science Fayre 2014
The Dalziel High School Annual Science Fayre will take place on Thursday 5 and Friday 6 June.
- Curriculum for Excellence
S1 CfE Reports will be issued on Friday 30 May.
- P7 Games Evening
The Annual P7 Games Evening will take place on Monday 19 May from 6.30 pm - 8.45 pm.
- Celebrating Success
Many congratulations go to the following pupils on their excellent achievements:
Ryan Anderson, S1, who swam 5 miles raising a marvellous £1100 for Comic Relief.
Oliver Park, S2, who won the Silver Medal at the Northern Ireland Open Judo Championships in Belfast in March.
Alex Dunn, S4, who continued his badminton success by winning the singles, doubles and mixed events at the U17 Scottish National Badminton tournament, making him the U17 Scottish National Badminton Champion.
Congratulations and well done also to the following pupils who were successful at the recent North Lanarkshire Schools Indoor Rowing Competition:
- S1 Girls - Dion Ingram - 1st Place
- S1 Girls - Olivia McPherson - 3rd Place
- S1 Boys - Callum Warnock - 1st Place
- S1 Boys - Jaden Platt - 2nd Place
- S2 Girls - Maria Muir - 2nd Place
- S2 Girls - Rachael Hawkins - 3rd Place
- S2 Boys - Mark Hill - 1st Place
- S2 Boys - Greg Friel - 3rd Place
- S3 Girls - Rowan Duffy - 1st Place
- S3 Girls - Ruth Ferguson - 2nd Place
- S3 Boys - Ryan McGhee - 1st Place
- Dates for your Diary:
- Monday 28 April - Wednesday 4 June: S5/6 Exam Leave
- Monday 5 May: Holiday
- Tuesday 6 May: Inset Day
- Monday 19 May: P7 Games Night - 6.30pm - 8.45pm
- Thursday 22 May: European Elections - School closed to all pupils who are NOT sitting examinations
- Friday 23 May to Monday 26 May: Holiday
- Friday 30 May: S1 Reports issued