- Winter Weather
In the event of bad weather we will always try to update our school website www.dalzielhigh.org.uk with the latest news to tell parents when the school is closed.
We offer a warm welcome to Scott Purvis who takes up a permanent post as Teacher of English and Drama.
- Inter-House Public Speaking Competition
Congratulations to Barclay House who won the House trophy and to Orfhlaith King S4 who won the individual prize.
- Remembrance Service
Our annual Remembrance Service was very well attended on Sunday 10 November. We were honoured to have Mr Jim Allen with us, 75 years after he left Dalziel High School.
- SQA Appeals
Standard Grade and Intermediate appeals are now in and pupils should have been informed if they were successful.
- Attendance / Registration
Attendance at school by children and young people is essential in order that they receive the education to which they are entitled. Absence from school, whatever the cause, disrupts learning and will impact negatively on the life chances of our children and young people and therefore our community.
The school operates period by period registration using SEEMIS which is our education management software system. In supporting our endeavours we ask that if you know your child is going to be absent from school you make contact with the office before the start of the school day, explaining the reason for the absence. If you know roughly how long your child is going to be absent, please let us know this.
Our Pupil Support Principal Teachers are currently updating our Attendance Monitoring procedures and information regarding this policy will be issued to parents and carers in the near future. Senior pupils can check their weekly attendance figures outside the Pupil Support Base. Any anomalies in attendance that may effect EMA payments must be reported to Miss Lennon.
- Christmas Dances
Tickets for the Dalziel Christmas Dances will be on sale from Tuesday 19 November costing £5.00 for S1-S4 pupils and £8 for the S5/6 Dance, which includes a buffet. Formal dress is required for the Christmas Dances - ie no jeans, trainers or casual clothes.
- Celebrating Success
Second year pupils were recently recognised for Excellence in Creative Writing at an award ceremony organised by The Pen Pals Writing Group. Our congratulations go to:
- First: Rachael Hawkins
- Runner-up: Marc Cowan
- Commended: Lucy Milligan
- First: Kathryn Short
- Runner-up: Emily Currie
- Highly Commended: Orfhlaith King
- Commended: Niamh Collins
- First: Luke Cowie
- Runner-up: Ethan Docherty
- Highly Commended: Ruta Petruseviciute
- Commended: Oliver Reid
- First: Giano Napolitano
- Runner-up: Jordan Buddy
- Highly Commended: Gloria Luvunzu
- Commended: Andzile Ndzabukelwako
Congratulations also go to Alex Dunn, S4 for his successes in the following:
- U17 Badminton England Gold Tournament - Gold Medal in U17 Boys Gold Star Singles, which makes him seeded No.1 in England plus Bronze Medal in U17 Mixed Doubles Event
- Badminton Scotland Senior (Adult) Badminton Tournament - Quarter Finalists in Men's Doubles Event
- Danish Cup International Badminton Tournament (Denmark) - Quarter Finalists In Mixed Doubles Event (U17) and last 16 in Boys Singles Event (U17)
- Badminton Scotland U19 Scottish Junior Nationals - Semi Finalist in Boys Singles, Boys Doubles and Mixed Events
- West of Scotland U17 - Boys Doubles Winner
- Monday 18 November - In-service Days
- Monday 25 November - S5/6 Interim Report issued
- Saturday 30 November - Dalziel Vocal Groups performing in Princes Square, Glasgow
- Wednesday 4 December - S5/6 Parents’ Evening
- Friday 6 December - S1 Pantomime Trip
- Tuesday 10 December - S1 Christmas Dance
- Wednesday 11 December - S2 Christmas Dance
- Thursday 12 December - S3 Christmas Dance
- Thursday 12 December - S4 Reports issued
- Tuesday 17 December - S4 Christmas Dance
- Wednesday 18 December - S5/6 Christmas Dance
- Thursday 19 December - Christmas Service
- Friday 20 December - School Closes
- Monday 6 January 2014 - School Re-opens
You have been sent this message as you have registered this email address to receive the Rector's Monthly Newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe, please reply to this message with the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the email subject.