We are delighted to welcome three members of staff back from Maternity leave. Gillian Douglas and Louise McCarron will return to the English Department on 25 and 26 of March respectively and PT Drama, Claire Kelly, will return on 28 March.
- Spring Concert
Due to a clash with the NLC’s Concert, the Spring Concert has been rescheduled to take place on Tuesday 26 March.
- New Computers
North Lanarkshire Council will be providing the school with 100 new computers over the next few months.
- Health Fayre
“Switch It - Ditch It” was the theme for Dalziel High’s Annual Health Fayre of 2013. The idea was that pupils, parents and staff should think of ditching unhealthy habits in exchange for healthier ones. The Assembly Hall was once again transformed by Group Members, Anne Walker and Catrina Allan, with posters drawn by the local feeder primaries contributing to the decoration. Prizewinner of the front cover of the Health Fayre programme was Lucy Baptie of Ladywell Primary. She was presented with a Waterstones’ voucher. As always, the school is indebted to those organisations who provided exhibits and/or staff to man the stalls, each of which supplied a wealth of information on issues such as dental health care, First Aid, healthy food and drink options, nail and hair care, and health and fitness testing (these last two stalls were provided by Motherwell College). Once again, the Health Fayre was a very successful event and much enjoyed by all who attended.
- SQA Exams
The SQA exams begin on Thursday 25 April. All pupils involved in these exams will receive timetables, information from SQA and a letter for parents giving details of study leave etc, during assemblies in the next couple of weeks. Dates of study leave are as follows:-
- S3 Thursday 25 April to Friday 31 May inclusive
- S4 the day of each exam a pupil sits and the day before
- S5/6 Tuesday 7 May to Wednesday 5 June inclusive
In the meantime, all pupils who will be sitting exams should be continuing to study hard.
- Monday 25 March - North Lanarkshire Concert
- Tuesday 26 March - Spring Concert
- Wednesday 27 March - Church Service - 2.30 pm (pupils will be dismissed from the church)
- Thursday 28 March - Games Morning at Ravenscraig Sports Facility - all pupils attending
- Thursday 28 March - School Closes at 2.30 pm for the Easter break
- Monday 15 April - School Re-opens
DHSFPA Easter Egg Club is performing “Opposites Attract - A Musical Creation”. The performance runs from Tuesday 16 - Saturday 20 April 2013.
In music, as in life, opposites attract. Join the cast in this brand new fast moving musical revue as they explore this fascinating world. Sun and rain, rich and poor, boys and girls and heaven and hell are just some of the opposites used in this musical creation which will culminate in a spectacular finale. Featuring songs from popular music as well as musical theatre, a spectacular set and eye catching costumes the show will appeal to all ages.
- The Venue is Motherwell Theatre and performances start at 7.30 pm each evening.
- Ticket Prices: Tuesday £10/Children (U16) £5
- Ticket Prices: Wednesday - Saturday £12/Children (U16) £6
- Ticket Sales: 01698 322867
- Ticket Website: http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/easteregg