Can I thank all parents/carers for your continued support with our dress code. Our pupils are coming to school properly dressed and looking very smart. If anyone has old blazers that are no longer needed we would be happy to put them to good use and they can be handed in to the School Office.
- S1 Pupils
I am delighted with how well our new S1 pupils have settled into life at Dalziel. Their enthusiasm remains high and we continue to encourage them to join at least one, though preferably more, of the many clubs on offer at lunchtimes and after school. Should you have any concerns you wish to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s Pupil Support Tutor or Mrs Conboy, the S1 Depute Head.
- School Show
Our School Show “Bugsy Malone” will be performed in the school from Monday 9 October to Thursday 12 October.
Tickets are on sale now priced at £10 for an adult and £6 for a child. An order form has been attached to this newsletter and we ask that these are returned to the school office as soon as possible.
- SQA Examination Results
The results from the SQA examinations are excellent. A full breakdown of the results is now on our website www.dalzielhigh.org.uk.
- Senior Officials
Congratulations to all newly appointed School and House Officials listed below, who were recently elected by both staff and pupils:-
- School Captain - Orla Chambers
- School Vice Captain - Robert Kerr
- Barclay Captain - Georgena Buesnel
- Barclay Vice Captains - Beth Agnew & Catherine Birch
- Barclay Prefects - Adam Barton, Jenna Clelland, Marc Cowan, Ben Di Mambro, Brenna Donnelly, Greg Friel
- Colville Captain - Orfthlaith King
- Colville Vice Captains - Ruth Jessney & Gerry McNab
- Colville Prefects - Lauren Haggart, Aaron Haugh, Andrew Hill, Lewis Hughes, Arissa Mattu, Lucy Milligan
- Greig Captain - Morgan Wallace
- Greig Vice Captains - Andzile Ndzabukelwako & Ben Shields
- Greig Prefects - Tom Percy, Cara Platt, Abigail Quinn, Gillian Scott, Robbie Scott, Abby Sloan
- Developing the Young Workforce
We are delighted to announce that the school’s Developing the Young Workforce programme has won a national education award. Dalziel took top spot in the Inspiring Career Opportunity category at this year’s Community Education Awards.
The awards are an annual celebration and recognition of schools’ efforts to help children and young people become responsible community members.
- Pupil Absence / Appointment
If your child is going to be absent from school, we would ask that parents/guardians please let us know as far in advance as possible. On return, pupils must hand in a note to the School Office for their Pupil Support Tutor.
Any pupil with a dental or medical appointment must hand in a card or letter prior to attending these appointments.
- Extra Curricular Clubs
We have a large number of extra-curricular clubs in the school, including a Homework Club for S1-S3 pupils, which runs every lunchtime and is supervised by two members of staff, and we would encourage all pupils to get involved Details can be found on our school website.
- Pupil Safety
Can I please remind all parents to take extra care while driving and parking near the school. With the large number of cars around the school each day we are concerned for the safety of our pupils. Please take extra care.
- 6K Road Race
St Andrew’s Hospice Lanarkshire Schools 6K Challenge Road Race and Fun Run took place on Sunday 17 September. A group of S5-S6 pupils took part along with some brave staff. A massive ‘thank you’ to everyone who supported the event.
- Celebrating Success
Congratulations and well done go to S4 pupil, Andrew Winter, who has been selected to represent Scotland at the International Challenge Matches in Poland this week.
- Dates For Your Diary
- Friday 22 September - Holiday
- Monday 25 September - Holiday
- Tuesday 26 September - S2 Tracking Report 1 Issued
- Thursday 28 September - S4 Tracking Report 1 Issued
- Thursday 5 October - S5/6 Positive Destinations Evening
- Friday 6 October - S5/6 Tracking Report 1 Issued
- Monday 9 October - S1 Tracking Report 1 Issued
- Monday 9 October - Thursday 12 October - School Show
- Monday 16 October - Friday 20 October - Holiday Week
- Wednesday 25 October - S3 Tracking Report 1 Issued
- Monday 30 October - Hallowe’en Party
- Tuesday 31 October - S5/6 Parents’ Evening