Welcome to the Work, Enterprise and Vocational Education Department.
At Dalziel High School, we aim to:
- Develop enterprising attitudes and skills through learning and teaching across the whole curriculum.
- Participate fully in enterprise activities, including those which are explicitly entrepreneurial in nature, and in which success is he result of 'hands-on' participation.
- Experience and develop understanding of the world of work in all its diversity, including entrepreneurial activity and self employment.
- Enjoy appropriately focused career education.
We have lots of activities where the pupils can experience "Enterprise", such as:
- S1/2/3 Enterprise Events
- Young Enterprise Activities
- Summer Fayre
- Christmas Parcels
- Junior School Show
- Work Experience
- Mock Interviews
- Outward Bound
- Core Skills Working With Others Intermediate 1 or 2 through Work Experience
- Maths Challenges
S5/6 Activities include:
- Choral Shield
- Exposure to Careers Guidance through Careers Scotland Advisor
- Business Awareness Day
- Young Achievers
- Working with Others Higher through Buddying or House Official
- Christmas Parcels Initative
- Charity Events
- Fir Park Christmas Party
- Talent Show
S4 Wednesday Afternoon Options
In fourth year all pupils are offered the opportunity to take part in several options every Wednesday afternoon for the session. They are given several opportunities
- Self found work placement - pupils must source the placement themselves
Sourced by the school
- Volunteering with a charitable organisation
- Nursery placement
- Primary School placement
- Specialist provision school placement
Two in-house activities
- Leisure run by the Physical Education department
- International Cookery run by the Home Economics department
Please click on the links below for the options outline and self found work experience forms including the parental agreement form.
Download Enterprise Newsletter
Download Work Experience Diary
To download the Work Experience Diary, click the link below: